The main goal of the European Regional Development Fund is to reinforce economic and social cohesion by redressing the main regional imbalances in the EU. It mainly supports productive investments and job creation, infrastructure investments and local development and small and medium enterprises development. Croatia is eligible for the ERDF from the date of accession.
1. Modernising and diversifying economic structures as well as safeguarding or creating sustainable jobs.
2. Supporting sustainable development strategies with emphasis on promoting employment.
The main priorities are:
- Strengthening regional capacities for research and technological development, fostering innovation and entrepreneurship
- Cleaning up polluted areas, increasing energy efficiency, promoting clean public transport within towns
- Improving the uptake and efficient use of ICT, in particular by SMEs
3. Under the European teritorial cooperation objective the ERDF provides support for the establishment and development of transnational cooperation joint strategies for sustainable territorial development of cross border activities.